Saturday, November 15, 2008

Premier Post

I opened my Etsy shop less than a month ago and I've learned a tremendous amount about my own process, about selling online and on etsy.com, in particular, and about the massive amount of talent as well as abundant support out there.

I have been roaming around the etsy site, reading blogs, how-to's, attending chats and craft nights, and shopping all in the pursuit of information and inspiration.

I made two sales, thus far, but would certainly like more. I also had an inquiry about a custom order, which was quite nice!

There is a site that I've visited recently, which I feel is worth pointing out. It was actually featured in the Videos section of the Storque; The Black Spot Books.

The books are handmade from drawing paper and "olde leather". The artist also sells some other items, jewelry and prints.

All evidence a remarkable sensibility. Take a look for yourself at the http://www.blackspotbooks.etsy.com.

Meantime, I've been both gathering previously made items from every nook and cranny and producing new work to put online. Check them out at: http:// www.felden.etsy.com and get a quick peek below.

No comments: