Sunday, February 15, 2009

Craft Night at EtsyLabs-2/9/09

This was the pre-Valentine Craft Night and we worked on needle-felted hearts, among other things.

This was perfect synchronicity for me because I'd recently developed an interest in needle-felting and had purchased a small kit. I'd seen some felted items that attracted me and was interested in three dimensional objects in particular.

A couple of weeks ago, I completed a needle felted heart on a base of felt. It was three dimensional, but rather flat. I went to Craft Night in search of answers to some of my questions. I got the answers I was looking for and, as usual, had a wonderful time!

The evening was very well attended; pretty much a packed house for part of the evening..... The teacher for the evening, Nguyen-Le who owns the knitknit shop on Etsy.com was low key but very helpful and supportive.

I found out how to make my pieces rounder, received inspiration and had fun; what a great Valentine!

Thanks Nguyen! Thanks Etsy!

Below are my earlier endeavor, craft night products and some items I made later, all transformed into wearable or use-able form and now in my etsy shop (www.felden.etsy.com):




No comments: