Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sidelined

I haven't posted or done much crafting at all for most of two months because I developed tendonitis and synovitis in my right hand and arm. I've been going to Occupational Therapy twice a week.

Even though I'm left handed, most tasks, computer and otherwise, actually take both hands. So I've been limiting myself to those things that are absolutely necessary, using speech recognition on the computer where I can, and spacing tasks out, in order to rest my hand and arm and give it a chance to heal. I felt fairly virtuous about it for the first week or so, but now I'm feeling fairly frustrated and ready to get back into action.

At this point, I'm adding a few things at a time back into my repertoire and trying to find the easiest, least stressful way to do it. At least my Feldenkrais® training has given me tools to do that.

I do need to get a few more items ready for sale because we're participating in a new aspect of the MS Walk, staffing a Members' Business Table where we'll display and sell our crafts.

No comments: