Sunday, June 6, 2010

Using My Down Time

At the time of my last post, I was coming back after treating an MS flare with steroIds. Less than a week after that, I became very ill with a sinus and gastro-intestinal infection, and required a ten day round of antibiotics. I am still in the process of convalescing, so I have to proceed slowly with my plan to increase my exercise. I have an appointment for a follow-up visit with my doctor tomorrow so I'll see if I can get an "all clear" to resume physical therapy and swimming.

Because of these issues, I haven't been doing much in the creative realm lately, but I have been getting the urge, so I've begun some sketches which I might be able to carve into stamps. This is a project that doesn't require a lot of time to set up and clean up, so it allows me to work within my current energy levels. Once I've got something completed, I'll post some photos.

I'm looking forward to being able to do some fabric dying and painting again in the not too distant future.

Since I haven't had a lot of energy for anything else, I've been watching the sky a lot, clouds, changing light, sunsets; stocking up on inspiration for when I'm ready...

Another thing I've been doing is listening to podcasts. Among those I check in with regularly under the craft heading is CraftyPod. I really enjoy the wide variety of topics covered and the thoughtful way they are handled!

Here are a few sky photos by my husband, David, which can serve to illustrate some of my sky watching :





No comments: