Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What the last few days brought me...

It is very hot here in Brooklyn, NY and I've mostly stayed indoors the past two days.

As I mentioned in my last blog, I've been fiddling with the various nutrient numbers, but the good news is that there are lots of local (or at least more local) fresh fruits and veggies out there now. I'm now able to eat them and I'm making good use of them.

I had beautiful strawberries yesterday and this morning, had them in a smoothie. Below is a photo. Isn't it gorgeous?

This morning's breakfast:


Yesterday we washed the shower curtains and liners with some towels and added some of Meka's vast collection of tennis balls, to add some friction. Many of them were downright filthy and needed a bath. So, we got clean shower curtains and liners, clean soft towels and a bin full of clean tennis balls, which as my husband says, is the answer to the question "What do dogs dream about?".

Washed Tennis Balls:



The last of my birthday roses while still intact, are moving toward the end of their rose life. Isn't the texture of the petals extraordinary?

"Faded Rose":


As for my extended birthday celebration; today, David (hubby) found yet another birthday gift hidden away-a lovely caftan and my friend, Jane, has sent me seven books by Alexander McCall Smith, mostly one at a time, the last three, together, arrived today!

No comments: