Saturday, May 8, 2010

Step Down...

After yesterday's high point, I'm having a bit of a low; more in terms of energy than of mood.

I've also had a scratchy throat and stuffy nose, but likely that's allergy related. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it! But just in case it's a cold, I'll take the extra rest.)

We did do quite a bit yesterday and I went from 60 mg. yesterday to 40 mg. today, and there is a weather front coming through with large wind gusts, so a bit of a change in energy is not too surprising.

We have plans with family to eat out at a local restaurant for Mothers' Day tomorrow so I decided to just go with the flow today and rest as much as possible.

Both Meka and I were getting a bit "antsy" by early evening so I took him out briefly but we didn't get too far. The wind gusts that were being forecast started in earnest and we hustled ourselves back home. It was quite alarming.

The last walk of the evening was almost equally brief because of similar conditions.

I've really had an increased appetite today and due to the throat issues I've been hydrating like crazy. I worked hard not to go overboard and though I've ended up at the top of my calorie range for the day; didn't go over.

Thanks to all who've expressed support!

Here are some tulips for all of those who nurture me and you- the true description of Mothers.

Happy Mothers' Day!

No comments: